Bradley Cummings APP
Can I assume that if you’re reading this page then you’re trying to figure out if I can offer what you need and if I’m the right sort of photographer for you?
I’m an independent freelancer, and I work primarily on my own. I like it that way. I work primarily for corporate clients or individuals, and my work has been seen on countless websites, advertising material, and numerous publications.
I work from home in my own small, custom-built and fully equipped professional studio in which I photograph a constant stream of corporate headshot clients.
I also specialise in corporate event photography — events like awards dinners, speeches, performances, conferences, and so on.
These two sides to my work blend really well together, because I can bring my studio skills to your event, and I bring my ability to adapt and improvise (a vital skill in event photography) to my studio work.
There is a kind of yin and yang going on here — the busy, spontaneous, rapidly changing and often unpredictable work of event photography versus the slow, thoughtful, careful work of studio photography.
I love them both.
I’m a fairly introverted personality type, which means that I don’t like to draw attention to myself if I can help it, and this affects the way I like to work. At events, for example, I prefer to photograph quietly and discreetly to capture the authentically engaging moments of your event, and where possible I prefer to photograph in the ambient light to capture the genuine mood and atmosphere that defines your event.
I had a client here in the studio recently who suggested that I’m a perfectionist. I don’t think that’s really true, but I do like to do the best I can for my clients, and I certainly do pay attention to the details.
So that’s enough about me — now tell me something about yourself.
- I’m fully accredited with the Australian Institute of Professional Photography;
- I’m an excellent problem solver … I mean, for photographic problems;
- I once ran a hotel in the south of England;
- As a result of which I consider Fawlty Towers to be an accurate documentary about hotel life;
- I have a PhD in musicology … but don’t tell anyone;
- I love making photos, and my interest in different sorts of photography extends way, way beyond what you see on this website.
- I have actively sought out and learnt from some of the best in the business in England, America, and Australia.
- Currently on my bookshelf behind me I can see books on photography, music, perception, philosophy, art, languages, and computer programming.
- I wish I didn’t need the books on computer programming.
Accredited professional photographer, based in Canberra, specialising in photography for corporate organisations, businesses and individuals.